Skip to content
- The govt. has launched the TULIP program for providing internship opportunities to fresh Graduates in all ULBs & Smart Cities.
- What is it?
- It is a dedicated programme offering internships to fresh graduates in all urban local bodies(ULBs) and smart cities across the country in the domain of urban governance.
- Bodies involved:
- TULIP is a portal jointly developed by the Ministry of HRD, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Applicants must be Indian citizens who have completed their final year of college within the last 18 months and have a degree of B. Tech, B planning, B. Arch, BA, BSc, B. Com, LLB.
- Internship durations can range from eight weeks to one year.
- Steering Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary, HUA including Chairman AICTE and other officials has been constituted to review the progress of the program on a periodic basis.
- It would help enhance the value-to-market of India’s graduates and help create a potential talent pool in diverse fields like urban planning, transport engineering, environment, municipal finance etc.
- It will further the Government’s endeavours to boost community partnership and government- academia-industry-civil society linkages.
- This launch is also an important stepping stone for the fulfillment of MHRD and AICTE’s goal of 1 crore successful internships by the year 2025.
Smart Cities mission:
- Launched Year: 2015
- Financing: It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Housing and Urban affairs.
- Aim: To develop 100 smart cities across the country by 2022 making them citizen-friendly and sustainable.