The ninth edition of Sri Lanka-India Naval Exercise SLINEX is being help in Vishakhapatnam.
- SLINEX aims to enhance inter-operability, improve mutual understanding and exchange best practices and procedures for multi-faceted maritime operations between both navies.
- The Harbour Phase would include professiona, cultural, sporting and social exchanges.
- SLINEX exemplifies the deep maritime engagement between India and Sri Lanka and has grown in scope over the years to strengthen mutual cooperation, in consonance with India’s policy of ‘Neighbourhood First’ and India’s vision of ‘Security and Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR)’.
- The exercise began in 2005.
- The eighth edition of SLINEX was conducted off Trincomalee in October 2020.
Daily News Analysis (DNA) For UPSC IAS Main Exams Current Affairs Preparation
About SLINEX 22
- It is being held in Sri Lankan Navy will be represented by SLNS Sayurala, an advanced offshore patrol vessel and the Indian Navy by INS Kirch, a guided missile corvette.
- Other participants from the Indian Navy include INS Jyoti, a Fleet support tanker, Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH), Seaking and Chetak Helicopters and Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft.