- Recently, the Chief Election Commissioner of India inaugurated the Integrated Election Complex in Delhi.
Integrated Election Complex
- It is constructed for warehousing and management of EVMs & VVPATs of NCT of Delhi.
- The Integrated Election Complex has been built by the Chief Electoral Officer, Delhi and Delhi Tourism.
- It is a milestone for the Election Commission of India.
- State of art technology: The Complex, first of its kind, is conceptualised with all state of the art features and administrative safety protocols for storage, security and movement of EVMs.
- Checking capacity: The Complex has comprehensive facilities for conducting First Level Checking of EVMs & VVPATs as per ECI’s guidelines. The First Level Checking halls can also be used for large meetings and training sessions.
Electronic Voting Machine (EVM)
- EVMs have been used in all elections since 2004 and so far over 350 crore+ voters have reposed their faith and cast their vote through EVMs in 4 General Elections and 37 Assembly Elections.
- EVMs are an engineering marvel. Their few characteristics are:
- EVMs are non-tamperable.
- Provided accurate and timely results establishing their credibility since these were first put to use 4 decades back on pilot basis.
- EVMs are vital to avoid any glitches and ensure uniformity.
VVPAT audit trail introduced since 2019 General Elections, has further established the credibility of EVMs with no mismatch being found in the votes cast in EVM and counting of VVPAT slips.