- Recently, NASA climate research scientist was awarded the World Food Prize.
About World Food Prize
- Nobel Prize laureate Norman Borlaug established the World Food Prize in 1986.
- It is a prestigious international award conceived as the “Nobel Prize for Food and Agriculture”.
- It is awarded for a specific, exceptionally significant, individual achievement that advances human development with a demonstrable increase in the quantity, quality, availability of, or access to food through creative interventions at any point within the full scope of the food system.
- The first recipient of this prestigious award in 1987 was Indian agricultural scientist M.S. Swaminathan, the father of India’s Green Revolution.